Employment Opportunities at The Pro Bono Project
The Pro Bono Project periodically has job openings for Staff Attorneys and Paralegal and Administrative Support and these will be posted here. We are always interested in receiving resumes from those interested in working in the access to justice area—whether attorneys, paralegals, administrative or other professionals with an interest in this area of the law.
Please check here often for a listing of available positions. You may also submit your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com; we will hold your resume on file for six months.
Apply for this position through the Louisiana Delta Service Corps (LDSC) website. Applications due by June 30, 2017; start date is September 1.
The Volunteer Coordinator will work closely with the Managing Attorney for Volunteer Engagement on developing a streamlined system for service delivery at the 24th JDC Self Help Desk. This person will recruit new volunteers, design an effective way to regularly staff the desk through volunteer coverage, create training materials and will organize volunteer trainings. The Coordinator will also use this interface with the community, and The Project’s other clinics, to gather more information about the population’s legal needs. He or she will research, collect, and analyze data, and will identify gaps in services. This information will aid The Project in seeking out new revenue streams to serve new and current populations.
The Coordinator will also work with Project staff on general volunteer recruitment, including for some of our specialized service platforms like custody clinics, bankruptcy clinics, etc. and will assist with outreach efforts to engage new volunteers, including young attorneys, who are a largely untapped resource.
The Project estimates that roughly 25% of area attorneys have taken a pro bono case from the organization in the past, which leaves a great deal of untapped potential for future attorney recruitment. Outreach activities may include organizing trainings, designing handouts and educational materials, identifying and approaching new volunteer pools (i.e. new firms, law schools, professional membership associations), and developing content for print, online and social media outreach platforms.
Apply for the position by June 30, 2017.
Legal/Lay Volunteer & Intern Positions
We always have a need to supplement our full time staff with legal, lay and student volunteers from the community. If you have time to spare and want to gain valuable hands-on experience, please contact The Pro Bono Project at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can use volunteer support in the following areas:
- Lawyers – Take a case or work in our office to review and assign cases to our volunteer lawyers.
- Paralegals – Work with our staff attorneys and paralegal to support our volunteer lawyers and clients.
- Law Students – Work with our staff and volunteer lawyers to gain hands-on experience preparing documents, going to court and other case related support work.
- Marketing or Communications Student Interns – Provide support for our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications programs under the guidance of our staff and consultants in these areas.
- Administrative Support – Work in the office answering the phones, filing documents and providing other support for staff and volunteers.