Employment Opportunities at The Pro Bono Project
The Pro Bono Project periodically has job openings for Staff Attorneys and Paralegal and Administrative Support and these will be posted here. We are always interested in receiving resumes from those interested in working in the access to justice area—whether attorneys, paralegals, administrative or other professionals with an interest in this area of the law.
Please check here often for a listing of available positions. You may also submit your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org; we will hold your resume on file for six months.
Intake Coordinator - Download the PDF
We are seeking an outgoing, self-starter to provide critical administrative and program support to our legal services operation. This role will serve as the funnel point for most of our cases, as the Intake Coordinator’s primary function is to interview and screen potential clients for legal services.
This position involves a great deal of hands-on client contact and interaction with The Project's volunteers (including volunteer lawyers and law students), so strong client handling skills, as well as empathy and professionalism is of the utmost importance.
The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented professional with strong communication and organizational skills, who can multi-task, creatively problem-solve and successfully interface with the different stakeholders involved in our service delivery, including volunteer lawyers, law students, and fellow staff members.
S/he should be able to support a high-performing staff and possess a passion for social justice work. This position reports to the Managing Attorney for Volunteer Engagement.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but priority will be given to applications that are submitted before Friday, March 31, 2017.
Download the complete Job Description and application instructions.
Legal/Lay Volunteer & Intern Positions
We always have a need to supplement our full time staff with legal, lay and student volunteers from the community. If you have time to spare and want to gain valuable hands-on experience, please contact The Pro Bono Project at email@example.com. We can use volunteer support in the following areas:
- Lawyers – Take a case or work in our office to review and assign cases to our volunteer lawyers.
- Paralegals – Work with our staff attorneys and paralegal to support our volunteer lawyers and clients.
- Law Students – Work with our staff and volunteer lawyers to gain hands-on experience preparing documents, going to court and other case related support work.
- Marketing or Communications Student Interns – Provide support for our Marketing, Fundraising and Communications programs under the guidance of our staff and consultants in these areas.
- Administrative Support – Work in the office answering the phones, filing documents and providing other support for staff and volunteers.