Come learn about tax law for low-income clients. This CLE will focus on negotiating with the IRS and removing liens from real estate. Perfect for the non-tax lawyer, as well as experienced tax and business lawyers, this training will help The Project expand its assistance to clients.
Sponsored by The Project and presented by R. Paul Tuttle, JD, Director of the Low Income Taxpayer Clinic (LITC), Southeast Louisiana Legal Services (SLLS)
2 CLE Credit Hours
HOW YOU CAN HELP LOW INCOME TAXPAYERS EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT A TAX LAWYER!
THURSDAY, November 13, 2014, 9:30 am to Noon
LOUISIANA STATE BAR ASSOCIATION
601 St. Charles Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70130
9:30 - 10:00 am: Registration
10:00 am - Noon: Pro bono taxpayer cases
• Overview of Federal Tax Issues for Low Income Persons
• Earned Income Credit and Dependency Issues
• Innocent and Injured Spouse Relief
• IRS Collections Procedures
• Collection Alternatives
• Louisiana State Income Tax issues