To commemorate the 10th Anniversary of Hurricane Katrina's devastating toll on the City of New Orleans and the surrounding parishes, The Pro Bono Project is hosting numerous clinics across the city on Saturday, August 29 from 10 am to 2 pm.
Volunteers will handle general civil legal inquiries of area residents.
Several of these are sponsored by our supporters. All clinics will be staffed with 3-6 volunteers and a representative from SLLS.
- Central City, All Davis Playground, 2600 LaSalle Street - Entergy Legal Department
- Lake/Mid-City/Gentilly, Pontchartrain Park, 5600 Press Street - Baker Donelson
- Treme/7th Ward, Sojourner Truth Community Center, 2200 Lafitte Avenue - Jones Swanson and Fishman Haygood
- New Orleans East/Village de l'Est, Einstein Charter School 5100 Cannes Street - Phelps
- Florida/Desire/Lower 9th Ward, Sanchez Center, 1616 Caffin Avenue - sponsor needed
- Algiers/West Bank, Martin Behrman Stadium, 2529 General Meyer Avenue - sponsor needed
We are looking for volunteers to staff these clinics, particularly those without a sponsoring law firm or corporate legal department. Please email Linton Carney if you wish to volunteer for any of these clinics, or sponsor the 9th Ward or Algiers clinics.
As always, our thanks for your support as we commemorate this important occasion in our City's history.