As we wind down 2017, save the date for our year-end professionalism CLE and Volunteer Recognition Awards and Reception on Tuesday, December 5th at Jones Walker, 201 St Charles Avenue, 52nd Floor. REGISTER NOW
Registration begins at 3:30 pm, the CLE starts promptly at 4:00 pm, followed by the Volunteer Recognition Awards at 5:00 pm. The Project's Board Chair Sherry Dolan and The Honorable Bernadette D'Souza, Judge, Orleans Parish Civil District Court, will present the awards. The reception begins as soon as the Awards ceremony is complete.
To show our deep appreciation for those who commit so much to The Pro Bono Project and our mission of improving access to justice in our community, we will recognize volunteers in the following categories for 2017:
- Law Firm: King, Krebs, and Jurgens
- Corporate Partner: Capital One
- Law Student: Callan Johns, Loyola Law School
- Distinguished Donor: Republic Distributing
- Distinguished Service Awardees: James Maguire and Scott Brown
- Distinguished Jurist: Hon. Stephen Enright
- Friend of Pro Bono: Jefferson Parish Bar Association for their support and ongoing partnership with The Pro Bono Project
LAST CHANCE CLE
Join us for our free Meeting New Orleans Unmet Legal Needs CLE on December 5 from 3:30 to 5:00 pm at Jones Walker, 52nd Floor, 1-hour Professionalism CLE credit (pending).
The topic will focus on the continued need for volunteer attorneys in our region and our renewed partnership with the Orleans Civil District Court Self Help Resource Center. At the CLE, Honorable Bernadette D'Souza for Orleans Parish Civil District Court and Michael Schachtman, Self-Represented Litigant Counsel for the Louisiana State Bar Association will present.
Mark your calendar to get that last Professionalism credit, congratulate your colleagues and friends and have some fun with The Project. We hope to see you there.