Hosted for the fifth year by the Greater New Orleans Foundation, GiveNOLA day challenges the entire metropolitan area to give as one in support of more than 200 non-for-profit organizations. We’ve been on board with GiveNOLA Day since day one, enabling us to eliminate our mid-year funding campaign.
This year we are celebrating our move and GiveNOLA Day with an ambitious call to action. In 2017, The Project raised nearly $8,000 in funding. This year The Project has set a goal to match our new suite number - $13,400.
In late March, we sent a letter to our Board members inviting them to lead the charge for The Project during this year’s 24-hours of giving. We’re asking you to join them in our quest to break through and reach this year’s goal.
By donating on May 1st, you will support The Pro Bono Project in its mission to provide free, quality civil legal services to the underserved members of our community by engaging volunteers to do pro bono work. By donating on May 1, your gift could help us win additional lagniappe funds from the Greater New Orleans Foundation. Also on this day, there are no credit card fees added to your donation by the processor, so The Project gets the full amount of your gift.
Our Board, volunteers, staff, and donors are our best ambassadors. By simply reaching out to your family, friends, colleagues, and clients on this important day, and advocating on our behalf, you can help us make sure that anyone in need has access to civil justice in our city and the six parishes we serve.
Here are some actions you can take:
1. Mark your calendar for Tuesday, May 1 and set a reminder to make a gift to The Pro Bono Project and any other non-profits you want to support from midnight to 11:59 pm.
2. Bookmark the direct link to The Project’s donation page on the GiveNOLA Day website at https://www.givenola.org/pro-bono-project.
3. Help us spread the word to family, friends, and colleagues in New Orleans and throughout the country! Direct them to https://www.givenola.org/pro-bono-project and share why you participated and how they should, too.
4. Check out our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages and share/forward our posts.
5. Use our hashtag #pbpGiveNOLA and the GiveNOLA hashtag #GiveNOLA in any posts you create.
6. Become a GiveNOLA Day Champion and create a personalized campaign on May 1 so we can meet our goal of $13,400. Contact C.C. Kahr at 504.581.4043 x 202 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on getting more involved.
7. Download our communications toolkit with sample content for use in emails and Social Media posts. Toolkit PDF
Be a part of GiveNOLA Day and help us to keep opening the doors to access justice for those in need within our community!